In Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a Usability Researcher and this position requires:
- A senior-level usability researcher with an expert understanding of digital site usability support.
- As part of the UX Usability team, will manage multiple interactive projects and day-to-day maintenance of existing experiences
- Complete report-outs of findings and recommendations through the use of appropriate tools, resources, and processes.
- Leading the gathering and analyzing of end user data, persona development, understanding and documenting user needs and goals
- Carrying out usability reviews and/or heuristic evaluations.
- Develop research plans, conduct performance-based usability tests and design walkthroughs, and report outcomes.
- Lead remote usability studies and card sorts.
- Manage project with designers, UX Lead, IA, Content, and/or Prototyping directly, to improve the visual design of the user experience.
- Craft documentation to help communicate the experience to the project team, UX team, and prototyping team.
- Create and lead the passion for being the voice of the user and experience building user centric solutions.
- Solid skills understanding interface design and usability principles and best practices,
- Ability to speak to the specifics and benefits of the user-centered design process.
- Expertise with remote testing methodologies.
- Ability to influence business partners and colleagues through effective leadership
- Ability to evaluate technology alternatives and make strategic technical decisions.
- Develop web accessibility training programs for user experience practitioners, developers and other pertinent roles within the organization.
- Must be a US citizen or a green card holder.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- 7+ years of experience in a senior usability engineer or analyst role.
- A Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related degree. Master’s Degree or additional training a plus.
- Evaluate project requirements to generate research and user-testing plans and estimates.
- Vast experience with usability improvements and design efforts.
- Mastery-level user experience research and analysis skills with ability to quickly synthesize reports of findings.
- Strong verbal and visual communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, stakeholders and UX leaders to identify and address barriers to making platforms accessible to individuals with disabilities
- Ensure digital properties follow WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 web accessibility standards.
- Through the project lifecycle, identify accessibility defects by testing with automated tools and assistive technology.
- Build empathy and awareness within the organization by educating project teams about the challenges disabled individuals have with various user interfaces
- Create documentation to help communicate web accessibility requirements and recommendations to project teams.
- Experience leading usability improvements and design efforts.
- Experience guiding and mentoring senior software engineers and test engineers.
- Proven ability to document requirements, designs, and project status.
- Demonstrated experience with project methods such as Waterfall SDLC and Agile.
- Online portfolio displaying a firm understanding of user research methods and best practices, reporting, and recommendations.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!