Universal Service Representative
In San Diego, California 92108
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a Universal Service Representative responsible for the specific duties listed below:
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous and professional manner
- Maintain a teller drawer and processes cash and check deposit in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Processes withdrawal requests in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Posts loan payments and general ledger transactions.
- Processes member telephone transfers, check requests, mail, email, night drop and quik drop transactions.
- Answers the telephone, directs calls to the appropriate person and/or takes messages and quotes current savings and consumer loan rates and terms.
- Accurately balances cash drawer in required time frame.
- Provides unbeatable service experience adheres to the credit union’s quality service standards.
- Perform a variety of file maintenance duties, including but not limited to: files daily transaction documents, member correspondences, bank recaps, IRAs, decedent accounts, trust certifications, and POAs.
- Works efficiently with team members to reach branch goals and maintain branch profitability.
- Protects the credit union member assets by identifying all members when transacting business and giving information, adhering to security practices.
- Remains up-to-date and knowledgeable on credit union products, services, and related policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Cross-sells all products and services to meet member needs and achieve corporate relationship building objectives.
- Performs sales duties in branch to meet each member’s individual financial needs.
- Establishes new memberships, including checking and savings accounts, term accounts, IRA's, online banking, insurance products and loans.
- Attains sales goals; identifies, acquires and grows new and existing consumer loan portfolio. Must meet production volume as designated.
- Establishes and maintains strong referral relationships with members.
- Develops strong telephone calling program from internal lists and targeted prospects.
- Initiates loan applications using various consumer loan origination systems and assists member in choosing the right loan programs for the member’s own personal financial situation.
- Coordinates the consumer loan application process between the member, third parties and internal loan operations group, ensuring unbeatable service experience.
- Initiates referrals, and constantly prospects for new referral relationships and new members.
- Maintains the required knowledge of policies and procedures, laws and regulations and other compliance requirements that pertain to the deposit and lending functions.
- Adhere to company policy and procedure, complete annual compliance training, comply with business continuity and vendor management policy.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Two or more years related banking positions, sales experience and/or training.
- New accounts experience preferred.
- Must have strong cash handling, sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to sell products and services effectively and meet goals.
- Ability to build & maintain relationships with internal and external members.
- Must be able to multi-task & be detailed-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Must possess the ability to use loan origination systems, contact management software and database use.
- Requires general knowledge of computer network and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a professional
- Presentation and a high degree of personal initiative.
- Must be able to work branch operations hours.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!