In Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
Accounting professionals, are you looking for an opportunity to work with some of the nation’s foremost financial institutions? Our Accounting and Finance business line includes top companies across a wide range of industries. That means that we can offer an even more richly diverse variety of accounting-related assignments, from staff level positions all the way up to C-level finance executive roles. There has never been a better time to find a great new finance career through Workway!
As an Accountant, you will provide general accounting services to support various Accounting Department projects, particularly during the month-end close process. This will involve accurate preparation of financial statements, reports and analyses, as well as more complex statements and reports. Depending upon your experience and the needs of the client, you may also provide leadership and oversight for the Accounting team.
Your specific duties as an Accountant will include:
- Preparing, examining and analyzing accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports such as balance sheets, consolidations, capital expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, P&L statements and partnership reports
- Computing taxes owed and preparing tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements
- Analyzing business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations in order to project future revenues and expenses or provide advice
- Reporting to management regarding company finances
- Developing, maintaining and analyzing budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Completing quarterly financials
- Supervising accounts payable and/or accounts receivable functions ensuring timely processing of invoices/cash receipts
- Ensuring that all accounting activity is recorded in accordance with financial policies and reporting procedures
Specific qualifications for the Accountant position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or MBA, preferred
- 1 to 2 years of experience in auditing
- 5 to 7 years of experience in accounting; mortgage industry, preferred
- 2 to 3 years of departmental supervisory experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with accounting software (e.g., SAP, GreatPlains, JDEdwards, etc.)
- Strong understanding of advanced accounting principles and general ledgers
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Excel Skills including Pivot Tables and VLOOK Up
- Availability to work extended hours as required
- Public accounting experience, preferred
Let Workway help you to build a better career! Apply Now!