SR Learning and Development Associate
In San Diego, California 92131
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a SR Learning and Development Associate responsible for the specific duties listed below:
- Designing, developing, and facilitating training sessions on company products, business practices, and other topics as needed.
- Utilizing instructional design principles to develop, produce and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, online webinars and other educational materials for in-house training.
- Partners and collaborates with the Branch Network Sales and Operations Managers to design, implement, and deliver continuous training development for Branch Managers and Asst. Branch Managers specializing in the areas of leadership, coaching, and sales.
- Partners and collaborates with Department Managers and Operations Committee members in the development of procedures and training affecting the frontline and to ensure accuracy of frontline training.
- Assumes lead training and Subject Matter Expert (SME) role for leadership and management curriculum and sales and service curriculum.
- Provides facilitation services for customized learning offerings and mentors more junior colleagues for development opportunities.
- Conducts training needs assessments and actively participates on project teams to support the development and delivery of training for specific business initiatives and strategies.
- Evaluates learning solution impact on performance and organizational goals through observation, branch visits and evaluation feedback. Partners with business groups to develop outcome improvement resources. Revises curriculum as needed.
- Serves as mentor and assist in training less skilled Trainers in all elements of training function; i.e.: facilitation skills, stand up instruction, managing participants, etc. May act as department lead in the absence of Manager.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of and complies with all departmental and security policies and procedures, as well as, federal regulations applicable to the position, including BSA requirements. Completes all required compliance training as assigned.
- Completes all logistical tasks needed to effectively conduct a training session. This includes ensuring that appropriate participant and workshop materials are available, setting up classrooms for training sessions, configuring IT equipment and ensuring a welcoming environment for training participants.
- Assigns employees to appropriate Learning Plans within the LMS and compiles and maintains data to ensure compliance with laws related to training of employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Psychology, Business Management, Communications, or equivalent is required
- Two years of equivalent experience can substitute for every one year of education.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!