Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
In Acton, Massachusetts 01720
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. Work with a leading provider of medical technologies for the healthcare industry including hospital beds, patient lifts, and non-invasive therapeutic products. No matter what position within the organization, you'll experience tremendous professional and personal satisfaction in an environment where they focus on improving the lives of patients and caregivers around the world.
We are looking for Sr. Embedded Software Engineer responsible for designing, implementing and documenting software to run on a hybrid embedded platform consisting of both Cortex-M and Cortex-A processors. Your specific duties will include:
- Develop software in multiple levels/areas, including embedded processing/driver development, alarm handling, connectivity, etc.
- Create requirements and specification documents.
- Create and execute unit tests as part of software validation efforts.
- Integrate applications using components developed in-house and 3rd party libraries.
- Document the design using UML diagrams (collaboration diagram, sequence diagram, state diagram).
- Implement software for embedded systems following defined requirements and coding conventions.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- 8+ years of engineering experience (or advanced degree plus 6 years)
- Working knowledge of all phases of the IEC 62304 Software Development Life Cycle process.
- Working knowledge of IEC 60601 family of standards.
- Medical device experience a strong plus, including familiarity with FDA Software Development Guidelines, or other safety-critical device development experience
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!