Senior Online Engineer
In Santa Ana, California 92705
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a Senior Online Engineer responsible for the specific duties which will include:
- Implement and improve client online subsystems including but not limited to: multiplayer match making, online user account management/verification/validation, cloud saves.
- Debug and fix peer to peer and game client to server connections.
- Stay up-to-date with platform APIs from Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Steam, etc.
- Design and architect solutions for above mentioned subsystems for use on future titles on various game engines.
- Work with Lead and Technical Director in preparing and reviewing technical documents.
- Teach and mentor fellow online engineers on relevant modern technologies as well as on best practices for developing online systems.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in C/C++
- At least 4 years of games industry experience as an online engineer
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Developed on PS4 and/or Xbox One
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!