SBA Loan Underwriter
In San Diego, California 92130
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a SBA Loan Underwriter responsible for identifying, gathering and analyzing relevant information to assess credit risk, establish viability of sources of repayment, and determine appropriate loan structures.
Your specific duties will include:
- Accurately analyzes applicant financial condition by preparing spreadsheets.
- Underwrite credit approval memos with recommendations consistent with Bank and SBA SOP policies.
- Ensure proper pre-funding quality control steps are taken on all loans
- Manage assigned SBA loan portfolio to minimize risk to the Bank and provide frequent communication to all parties involved in transactions in a positive and constructive manner
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Undergraduate degree from accredited university/college in business, marketing, finance or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of training or equivalent combination of education and experience in SBA underwriting/credit analysis in a bank or financial services environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of SBA banking procedures, lending and practices to include: Regulatory rules and guidelines affecting SBA Bank lending operations
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!