Research & Development - Senior Tax Manager
In Atlanta, Georgia 30301
Tax Services R&D Senior Manager
Tax Senior Manager – Research & Development Tax Credit
The Tax Senior Manager in the Research & Development Tax Credit group researches tax issues, conducts fieldwork, and supports sales and marketing efforts. The R&D group consists of regional teams directed by a national leader. A Senior Managers primary role will be to research tax issues, assist in conducting fieldwork, and participate in sales and marketing efforts. They will be tasked with developing and maintaining client relationships as well as delivering a quality work product.
- Managers have the primary responsibility to ensure that R&D projects are conducted in accordance with firm standards and completed on time with on budget.
- Assist in conducting fieldwork. This may include visiting the client location, touring client facilities, investigating relevant facts, analyzing accounting information, preparing cost lead schedules and cost summary schedules, completing appropriate tax computations, and preparing written reports summarizing the findings.
- Managers are expected to have a command of federal, some state R&D rules and relevant court cases.
- Managers will be required to "multi-task" and manage various project tasks at once.
- Responsible for the overall project and deliverable.
- Build client relationship by interacting with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation.
- A minimum of (7) years of experience in Accounting or Tax in public accounting or consulting.
- Intermediate understanding of tax return mechanics.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to manage time, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to evaluate and articulate complex information
- Candidates must demonstrate strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.