Phone Branch Rep
In San Diego, California 92123
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a Phone Branch Rep responsible for the specific duties listed below:
- Promptly answer all incoming calls in a polite, professional manner while adhering to member identity verification procedures and ensuring member information security at all times. Determine caller’s nature of business and personally assist or when necessary, announce the caller and transfer to the appropriate individual or department. Comply with SDMCU’s Internal Service Standards when communicating information to other branches/departments.
- Provide a high level of quality member service using the Phone Branch Shopper Survey model as a guideline. Answer each call with a “telephone smile.” Maintain an average Shopper Score of 90% or better at all times. Be professional, courteous, tactful and a good listener.
- Strive to meet and exceed all Goals and Objectives set by the Phone Branch Manager.
- Open accounts for existing members via phone and assist with online new account processing for applications submitted via our website. Act as a source of information for new and existing members who are seeking information about new accounts, modifications to existing accounts or membership qualification. Promote and cross-sell additional Credit Union products and services that fit our member’s needs. .
- Accept consumer loan applications via phone. Provide accurate information regarding loan products rates and payments to inquiring members/potential members. Conduct thorough interviews with members/potential members while completing loan applications via a web based application platform. Cross-sell additional loan products and services that fit member needs. Keep up to date and knowledgeable on rates, lending guidelines, policies, procedures and internal marketing promotions.
- Assist members with set up and navigation of Home Banking, Bill Payment and our mobile App. Reset/unlock passwords, research and assist with trouble shooting member access issues and other digital banking related requests.
- Process members’ account inquiries, transfers, loan payments, copy requests, fee reversals and check orders. Research account discrepancies, errors and complaints; follow up to the point of resolution or direct to the applicable department for further assistance.
- Respond to member secure and unsecure email requests submitted via our website. Adhere to the E-Mail Response guidelines. Process online address changes, bill payment applications and additional service requests as received according to department standards.
- Maintain full knowledge of SDMCU’s services and transaction procedures as required; performing service functions accurately and efficiently. Thoroughly read, understand and keep record of all promotional materials, Metro Bullets, SPI’s and any information provided to you in order to represent the Credit Union in a knowledgeable and professional manner. Comply with all BSA and CIP programs along with the applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess professional written and verbal communication skills, including excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette including listening skills.
- Proficiency with on-line data processing system and Microsoft Office Products. General working knowledge of the internet including online banking/mobile banking is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships are essential.
- Minimum one year of teller and new accounts experience required with demonstrated member service and sales skills. General knowledge of account functions i.e. (Checks, ACH, Debit/Credit cards etc.) is essential. Call center experience would be a plus.
- One year of consumer lending experience required. Credit Union or comparable financial industry experience preferred.
- Must possess the ability to professionally represent the Credit Union and conduct business via the telephone with clear enunciation in English. Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!