In Draper, Utah 84020
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a Payroll Specialist responsible for responsible for processing the payroll for approximately 2,500 employees within US, Canada and Mexico out of a 15,000+ employee base. Performs duties that require an understanding of company payroll policies and procedures with a strong level of customer service.
Your specific duties will include:
- Processes bi-weekly, multi-state payroll for salaried and hourly, full time and part time employees ensuring the accuracy of data entry along with coordinating timely close of the payroll transmission.
- System maintenance, including , but not limited to new hire set up, taxes form processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, direct deposit set up, benefits set up, terminations, garnishments processing and employee verifications of employments.
- Assist in special projects including, but not limited to government census completion, validation of earnings for compensation projects, W-2/T4-s auditing
- Conduct research and analysis to assist the department manager with special projects.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelors Degree or CPP ( certified Payroll Professional) preferred
- Minimum 4 year’s recent hands-on Canada and US payroll experience required.
- High level understanding of system and how they interface
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, ability to detect inconsistencies in data, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!