Member Service Rep I/II
In Berkeley, California 94704
As a Member Services Representative, you will focus on new accounts as you provide efficient and courteous customer service, cross-sell products and services and make referrals to other departments when appropriate in order to generate new business. Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous and professional manner.
- Process cash and check deposit in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Process withdrawal requests in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Post loan payments and general ledger transactions.
- Answer the telephone, direct calls to the appropriate person and/or takes messages and quotes current savings rates and terms.
- Support sales efforts of credit union, generates referrals of credit union products and services and opens new accounts at the teller window as appropriate.
- Provide an unbeatable service experience and adheres to the credit union’s quality service standards.
- Process member telephone transfers, check requests, mail, email, night drop and quick drop transactions.
- Assist with verifications and audits as needed.
- Perform file maintenance as requested.
- Balance cash drawer in required time frame.
- Solve member inquiries and/or complaints.
- Work efficiently with team members to reach branch goals and maintain branch profitability.
- Remain up-to-date and knowledgeable on credit union products, services, and related policies, procedure, rules and regulations.
- Protect the credit union member assets by identifying all members when transacting business and giving information, adhering to security practices.
- Adhere to company policy and procedure, complete annual compliance training, comply with business continuity and vendor management policy. These are crucial to the success of the organization and have regulatory compliance and/or safety and soundness for the sustainability of the credit union job.
As a Member Services Representative, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with customers and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner. Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum of 6 months – 1 year customer service/sales skills is required.
- 1 plus years teller experienceMust have worked in a bank or credit union for a minimum of 1 year
Experience must be recent
- Minimum of 1 year related experience and/or training.
- Banking and/or credit union experience preferred.
- Previous sales and customer service experience required.
- Must have strong cash handling, sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to sell products and services effectively and meet goals.
- Ability to build & maintain relationships with internal and external members.
- Must be able to multi-task & be detailed oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Must be able to work on Saturdays.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!