In Irving, Texas 75062
Market Manager – Business Development (Staffing)
As a Market Manager, you will be responsible for the achievement of business goals including service delivery, recruiting/retention, business development, administration functions and customer relationships. The Market Manager is responsible for revenue generation through new business development activities including: daily planning, networking, sourcing, cold calling, client visits and related follow-up activities to customers in designated segments or target lists. The Market Manager regularly calls on prospective and current clients to build relationships, obtain orders for Workway’s services and to ensure customer satisfaction. Provides oversight of the client delivery process of a given branch and begins to build relationships with clients through the delivery of exceptional service characterized by mutual respect, understanding and trust. Your specific duties as a Market Manager will include:
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding personal sales goal and team selling activities.
- Engage in new and existing client development activities. Activities include but are not limited to: sourcing, cold calling, qualifying initial clients, identify potential end users/decision makers, establishing contact relationships, completing company profiles and organizational charts, marketing candidates, scheduling and conducting new and follow-up client visits.
- Develop and/or coordinate internal and external resources to develop presentation, proposal and/or responses to RFPs.
- Keep current of market dynamics and trends within specific market and region and forecast client demands.
- Establish client expectations, advise clients on staffing solutions and communicate to appropriate parties.
- Utilize the standard Workway’s Service agreements including negotiation of terms between Workway’s and clients. Seek approval from VP of Sales and/or Regional VP for terms outside of our standards.
- Coordinate and transition with team members once a job order has been qualified and obtained.
- Leverage ATS to track and maintain current and prospective clients.
- Work with recruitment teams to communicate the business development plan (i.e. target lists) so that they may provide the necessary sales support to gain new business and demonstrate Workway’s expertise.
- Participate in community and business associations/organizations, trade shows, and other events to promote Workway’s services as an employer of choice.
- Proactively manage and drive territory and profit levels to meet and exceed financial targets.
- Manage financial operations including forecasting, budgeting and P&L.
- Manage, guide, and engage branch staff with a focus on recruiting, account management, business development, customer satisfaction, and compliance.
- Provide training, mentoring and career development of team members.
- Resolve any customer and/or temporary employee concerns or problems in a timely manner by utilizing internal and/or external resources as needed including documenting appropriately and in accordance with federal and state laws as well as company policies and procedures.
- Audits and ensures branch compliance including interviewing, placements, new hire paperwork, I9s, payroll, employee relations, workers comp, terminations, and unemployment including documentation in accordance with federal and state laws as well as company policies and procedures.
- Promote an environment that encourages and fosters continuous improvement and growth.
As the Market Manager role is commission-enhanced, you need to be a hungry and driven hunter type with a strong motivation to exceed goals – both the company’s and your own! This position also requires that you be a consultative and strategic thinker with an outgoing personality and the ability to easily establish rapport with a wide range of prospective clients. Specific qualifications for the Market Manager role include:
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of staffing industry experience, coupled with 3+ years branch supervisory experience.
- Proven track record of success in selling products or service solutions through direct sales within a business-to-business sales environment
- Advanced level of MS office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with CRM systems
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to consistently hit KPIs
- Experience in making presentations to groups of prospects
- Proven objection handling, prospecting and negotiation skills
- Professional and clear communication skills coupled with the ability to network at high level and build strong business relationships.
- Works well under pressure
As a Market Manager with Workway, you will be part of an established and rapidly growing organization with a fun and supportive work atmosphere in which you will feel valued. Each of our branches are small, with five or fewer employees, which means you will not only be part of a tight-knit team but that you will also have the ability to make a significant impact on your branch’s unique culture. We will provide you with plenty of cutting-edge training opportunities as well as room for growth and advancement within the company. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package that includes benefits.
Here’s some of what we offer:
- Base salary plus uncapped commission
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance w/ AD&D
- Short-term disability plan
- Voluntary supplemental insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick days