Loss Mitigation Specialist
In Irving, Texas 75062
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a Loss Mitigation Specialist responsible for the essential functions and responsibilities listed below:
- Communicate with borrowers and various third parties associated with real estate transactions relating to foreclosures/bankruptcies and educate them on options available to resolve their delinquency.
- Obtain information sufficient to review loss mitigation options, and to make proper recommendations
- Initiate contact with borrowers who have defaulted on their mortgages, made through phone calls and use of a predictive dialer.
- Respond to borrower inquiries regarding mortgage defaults and loss mitigation options.
- Evaluate the borrower’s repay ability and reason for default
- Recommend and initiate loss mitigation options that are appropriate to the situation.
- Negotiate and formalize agreements with borrowers in foreclosure when appropriate. This includes verifying arrears, formulating terms of repayment, drafting stipulated repayment agreements, and ensuring that the initial terms and conditions of the agreement are met
- Coordinate and facilitate initial loss mitigation efforts with associated departments, foreclosure counsel, investors, and mortgage insurance companies
- Document stipulated repayment terms to ensure the agreements can be monitored
- Be logged into the data system and available to take inbound calls and rollover calls from Customer Care
- Communicate with attorneys on loss mitigation efforts and arrangements
- Initiate and monitor research on accounts as required
- Responsible for meeting legal requirements and following internal policies
- Borrower/Client Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management
- Clear and Concise communication; professional business communication
- Teamwork Orientation
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to use discretion when dealing with confidential material
- Ability to negotiate
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!