Loan Underwriting officer
In San Diego, California 92130
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for an Loan Underwriting officer responsible for the specific duties listed below:
- Perform pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing request within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Gather and analyzes all information necessary to present a financing request to senior management or Loan Committee for approval; may meet with existing or potential customers; visiting sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions; refers and recommends acceptance to Credit Administration.
- Ensure that credit inquires and UCC filings are researched to determine credit worthiness and appropriate collateral positioning are achieved.
- Perform financial statement spreading and analyses for individuals and various types of businesses.
- Render assistance to lending officers on credit matters and loan structures.
- Ongoing active participation in formal and informal training is essential to this role. The individual is expected to continue to build upon credit analysis skills and act as a mentor to more junior team members.
- Reinforce the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
- Develop and maintains knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Cross-sell the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Update and corresponds with legal counsel and collectors on workouts, bankruptcies, and charge-offs to ensure all possible precautionary actions or measures are taken.
- Understand business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability, demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent from a four (4) year college or university and five (5) or more years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!