In San Diego , California 92121
As a Loan Processor, you will prepare and process mortgage loan files from application through approval. This will involve obtains all necessary documentation as well as ensuring compliance with bank, regulatory and investor guidelines as well as customer service standards. Your specific duties as a Loan Processor will include:
- Preparing loan files submission to underwriting
- Reviewing and verifying each file to ensure that all information is correct and current
- Ordering credit reports, title commitments, surveys, and appraisals from the appropriate parties and reviewing them for acceptability prior to submitting for approval
- Acting as a liaison and maintaining communication between customers and all parties involved in the transaction
- Submitting files to underwriting for approval and sending completed loan packages to appropriate underwriter for final approval and validation
- Preparing approved loans for closing and coordinating closings with lenders, borrowers and title companies
- Requesting additional information from title companies, builders, realtors and others by phone, fax, or letter as required
- Preparing and mailing Adverse Action Notices and updating Loan Origination System (LOS).
As a Loan Processor, you must have strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-oriented environment. You must also have a well-developed ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously. It is also important that you have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to deliver superior customer service. Specific qualifications for the Loan Processor position include:
- High school diploma or GED; one year certificate from college or technical school a plus
- 1+ years of recent processing experience in the mortgage industry.
- Proficiency in conventional, FHA and VA loans a plus
- Basic understanding of loan processing and closing policies, procedures, documents, underwriting requirements, governmental and agency requirements, terminology and automated processing systems
- Basic understanding of credit policies and approval processes
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with mortgage software, such as Calyx Point, Encompass, Data Track or Empower
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!