In Tempe, Arizona 85281
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a Legal Assistant responsible for the specific duties will include:
- Perform all administrative duties for the Legal Department.
- Prepare legal documents, contracts, briefs, motions, summonses, complaints and general correspondence.
- Utilize document creation software and other legal reference software.
- Interact with customers, shareholders, and business partners or participate in meetings discussing sensitive or confidential matters.
- Prepare final legal papers and correspondence of legal nature from draft or dictated text.
- Formats briefs, agreements and other legal documents.
- File legal documents (e-filing skills are preferred)
- Edit, proofread, and help in creating various correspondence including letters, emails, and legal documents.
- File correspondence and legal documents in office filing system, open and close files, and maintain information on internal and external customer and business partners.
- Perform clerical duties such as providing information to callers, taking dictation, composing and
- Scan and submit invoices and expense reimbursements for legal team.
- Arrange travel, appointments, conference calls, etc. for legal team.
- Provide flexible administrative support to enhance productivity and exceed business needs of in-house legal team.
- Provide support with faxes, copies, mailing, file organization, and preparation.
- Administrative management and support to include calendar management, screening and directing phone calls, office supply ordering, overall organization and management of reception office and surrounding areas for legal team.
- Any other administrative or related tasks as requested by management.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- 5-7+ years of experience as a Legal Assistant providing secretarial and administrative support in transactional law is required. Experience in litigation would be a plus.
- Independently perform a wide range of complex duties under general guidance with full proficiency in a broad range of activities related to the job.
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office applications with excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Basic bookkeeping and expense management skills are a plus.
- Superior customer service skills and phone/email etiquette is required.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Ability to manage high stress situations and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day. Must be capable of sitting in front of a computer for extended periods of time.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US; proper employment documentation.
- If necessary, ability to work 7 days per week and to be flexible with schedule.
- Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent is required.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!