Jumbo Mortgage Underwriter
In Los Angeles , California 90010
Essential Job Functions
- Underwrite Jumbo Loan files according to portfolio and investor guidelines, and in Compliance with applicable regulations
- Review and verify all income & asset documentation, in accordance with internal Quality Control procedures, and ensuring Ability to Repay standards are met
- Perform analysis of credit history and credit report, and conduct liabilities analysis
- Maintain and cultivate an effective working relationship with Internal (production staff, branches, other departments) and External clients (borrowers, realtors, etc.)
- Review and analyze Collateral documents, such as: Appraisal, Purchase Contract, Escrow Instructions and Property Inspection Report
- Run, read and interpret total Scorecard AUS results
- Perform analysis of complex tax returns, inclusive of individual and self-employed borrowers.
- Prepare Loan approval memorandum and present loan strengths and weaknesses to individuals with approval authority
- Sign-off on Loan Conditions
- Prepare and submit to Investor for approval.
Job Qualifications / Requirements
- Required: Encompass experienced.
- Required: 2-3 years of Jumbo UW experience.
- Required: Knowledge of Lending Compliance regulations, inclusive of: Regulations X (RESPA),
- Regulation Z, Regulation B, Fair Lending, HMDA Guidelines, among others
- Required: Experience with Investor and Portfolio Underwriting
- Required: Ability to underwrite complex financial situations, inclusive of entity tax returns
- Required: Quality Assurance experience
- Required: Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Required: Excellent Customer Service skills
- Required: Fraud review skills and experience
- Required: Knowledgeable with CFPB compliance standards
- Required: Knowledgeable with Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac Guidelines
- Preferred: Loss Mitigation Experience