Financial Counselor II
In San Diego, California 92123
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a Financial Counselor II responsible to coordinate reimbursement sources and other activities related to securing reimbursement for admission services provided to patients who are either already admitted to our hospital, or who may be seeking to obtain services at RCHSD.
Your specific duties will include:
- The Financial Counselor will assist uninsured or under-insured families with navigation of the process related to applying for various government-sponsored healthcare resources.
- The Financial Counselor will assist families with payment plans or other options related to resolving patient account balances.
- The Financial Counselor works under the general supervision of the Lead Financial Counselor and Patient Access Manager.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- High school diploma, GED, or Foreign equivalent
- Two years experience required in related field with previous exposure to healthcare reimbursement programs, including, County, State or federally-funded programs (i.e. MediCal/Medicaid, CCS, CMS, Cal Works, and Medicare)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!