In Columbia, Maryland 21046
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for a Escrow Officer responsible for The specific duties listed below.
- Act as liaison between all parties to the transaction (homebuyer, builder, lender, realtor, etc.) .
- Serve as point of contact for all parties to the transaction including homebuyer, mortgage, accounting and other areas within the Title & Settlement process. Manage all aspects of settlement transactions including preparing HUD statement, preparation and coordination of deeds, verifying accuracy of loan documents, insurance documentation and seller statements
- Obtain signatures for closing transactions, explain all documents executed as needed, and facilitate questions/answers between parties to the transaction
- Review and approve checks and/or wire transfers.
- Review final disbursement summary and ledger upon completion of funding. Review escrow accounting reports and resolve any outstanding check or open file balance issues
- Ensure timely and accurate flow of information and documentation from settlement team to Recording and Accounting departments
- Resolve complex problems and execute complex transactions as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelors Degree Preferred Notary Public
- Must have state of Maryland Title/Escrow license
Related Functional Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in title & escrow insurance
- Expertise in title insurance and real estate settlement procedures, including HUD statements, loan documents, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of state vesting and holding title requirements
- Effective communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of real state law, abstracting and examination
- Microsoft Office software skills
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!