In Scottsdale , Arizona 85258
Currently, we have an opportunity to work with one of the leading independent mortgage retail lenders in the country! Build a role with an organization that boasts excellent product offerings, a premier client experience, exceptional underwriting efficiencies and turn times, and best-in-class technology, marketing and support. A DE Underwriter will underwrite simple to moderately complex mortgage loan applications and evaluate loans in order to maximize organization profit and minimize risk.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Determines eligibility of borrowers based on credit findings.
- Makes underwriting decisions based on Client, FHA, VA, FNMA and FHLMC guidelines.
- Responds to customer inquiries relative to declination reasons according to federal regulatory guidelines.
- Reviews credit packages that fall outside of the automated underwriting parameters.
- Reviews loan applications submitted by borrowers and makes credit decisions based on lender criteria.
- Underwrites government/conventional files and clears conditions.
- Works with underwriting assistants and account executives.
Specific qualifications for the DE Underwriter position include:
- MUST have CHUMS ID.
- VA LAPP/SAR preferred
- A minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting experience required.
- Experience with web based approval systems (DU/LP) required.
- Strong knowledge of FHA and VA guidelines
- Exceptional customer service skills.
We are a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We work with national, regional and local clients across a variety of market sectors. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Let Workway open the door for you!