Customer Service Specialist
In San Diego, California 92123
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. Work with the largest children's hospital in California providing the largest source of comprenhesive pediatric medical Services in San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties. Working within this not-for-profit organization, you'll contribute to ensuring the lives of hundreds of sick or injured children receive the best possible medical care.
We are looking for a Customer Service Specialist responsible for identifying accounts with a self pay balance after insurance has paid and those without insurance, and will collect on those accounts. Your specific job duties:
- Receives incoming telephone calls from patients, payors, healthcare providers & outside agencies
regarding patient accounts.
- Assists patient families with understanding the statements, & how the insurance had processed their claims.
- Responsible for administering the Collection Philosophy of the hospital for all
account with a self-pay balance.
- Works with families to establish payment plans and assists families with Charity Care applications.
- Accepts payments via phone or in person & applies to accounts including processing credit card payments
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of medical billing required.
- 2+ years of customer service experience in a healthcare setting required.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!