In Chula Vista, California 91910
This position performs duties, functions and activities related to Loan Operations, under the supervision and direction of the Loan Operations Manager. In addition, this position also performs duties, functions and activities under the supervision and direction of the CCO and/or designees.
· Process payments, transfer of funds, and disbursements utilizing Jack Henry online entries, general ledger tickets and/or other bank forms;
· Remit funds as needed for sold participation loans;
· Process payments made on purchased participation loans;
· Board and disburse all new and renewed loans;
· Process file maintenance as requested;
· Process SBA Guaranty fee on all new loans;
· Process 1502 Remittance payments monthly;
· Process SBA 172 Remittance for any recoveries;
· Process documentation for Colson/investors on Secondary Market Sales of SBA loans;
· Prepare demand requests for payoff of Bank loans;
· Process the payoffs on loans, then remit file to LA for close out and storage;
· Process incoming mail to department;
· Prepare and mail out all statements and notices;
· Assist with internal and external loan audits including pulling and filing back of loan files as requested;
· File trailing documents in the appropriate credit files;
· File original documents in the collateral files;
· Performs other duties as assigned.
BSA/AML Responsibility: This position may have direct or indirect interaction with customers and/or prospects and therefore includes responsibilities relating to BSA/AML, OFAC & USA Patriot Act. In addition to completing annual BSA/AML/OFAC training to remain current with BSA/AML regulations, employee must fulfill any other BSA/AML training as it relates to implementation of BSA/AML regulations within the scope of the Employee’s position. This position requires use of sound judgment and application of concepts when evaluating potential customer relationships, in order to ascertain potential risks involved including such issues as cash transactions, wires, ownership structure for businesses, sources of revenue, and so forth. Employee will also need to understand policies and procedures regarding the completion of customer profiles and risk ratings.
Compliance Responsibility: Employee must have knowledge of and adhere to the Bank’s regulatory compliance policies, procedures and processes which affect the position. Employee must attend and/or complete assigned training to stay current with new and existing compliance issues, policies, procedures and processes as they relate to the Bank in general and specific to the job responsibilities.
· High School graduate, or equivalent.
· Up to one year lending or related financial institution experience
· General clerical skills; able to multi-task
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. currency.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
· Good understanding of, and ability to work with computer software programs such as Word and Excel Spreadsheets