In Arlington, Texas 75247
Workway is a premier national staffing firm that places qualified job-seeking candidates across the nation in direct hire, temp-to-hire and temporary positions across a variety of specialized fields. We pride ourselves in offering a candidate-centric model to assist job seekers in finding their next career opportunity.
Currently, we are seeking a highly motivated Associate Attorney. Our client provides legal and business advisory services to the consumer financial services and residential mortgage banking industries. The ideal Associate Attorney will have a basic understanding of due diligence related to title position, default servicing, title underwriting standards and mortgage loan servicer practices.
- Assisting with real estate due diligence, including reviewing title reports to determine the conditions of the title, recognize title defects and formulate curative strategies;
- Researching state-specific curative issues and strategies;
- Explaining the chain of title, exceptions and curative strategies to clients, support staff and management;
- Reviewing data and pleadings related to foreclosure, bankruptcy, eviction and loss mitigation processes to determine the status of an asset from a legal perspective;
- Formulating and presenting business recommendations based on the legal analysis to the investor and/or servicer;
- Ensuring all client and internal systems are up-to-date and well documented;
- Participating in special projects as deemed appropriate by management; and
- Identifying opportunities and advising management on process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school;
- Bar admission that is active and in good standing in any state; multiple licenses preferred;
- 0-2 years of experience in mortgage default services and/or title curative/title litigation including experience with quiet title actions, declaratory judgment actions, foreclosure, bankruptcy, eviction and loss mitigation;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- High level of motivation;
- Ability to interact with customers, clients, vendors and other company departments to complete duties effectively and efficiently;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to communicate with other attorneys, staff and clients;
- Exceptional legal research skills and knowledge of Westlaw; and
- Time management proficiency.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!