In Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Workway is a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We are looking for an Accountant to join a small but mighty accounting team. You will be a key player, responsible for all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, while reporting to the Accounting Supervisor
Your specific duties will include:
- Full-cycle AP, including: Day to day communication with vendors and employees, ensure proper approvals and documentation for all invoices, prompt resolution of discrepancies, GL account coding, process check runs, collection of W-9 forms, and vendor database maintenance.
- Process employee expense reimbursements.
- Post credit card transactions to GL and reconcile to monthly statements.
- Process bi-weekly payroll, including: Pull timesheet data and calculate gross wages (approx. 75 employees), work with HR to ensure all inter-period personnel updates are captured, input payroll data into on-line payroll system.
- Full-cycle AR, including: Tracking customer contract terms to ensure timely and accurate billing, generating/distributing all invoices, regular follow-up customers to ensure prompt payment, escalation of collection issues as necessary.
- Support the month-end close process, including AP and payroll accrual calculations.
- Reconcile Petty Cash.
- Assist with tax filings, including sales and use tax, forms 1095 and 1099, etc.
- Assist with other accounting and HR projects as needed.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience.
- Ideal candidate will have some experience with these functions (AR, AP); must demonstrate strong working knowledge of these two areas.
- QuickBooks experience required. 2015 strongly preferred.
- Must be comfortable in a small-business environment – you will have to cover the phones from time to time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organized self-starter.
- Strong work ethic.
- BA in Business/Accounting a plus
- MS Office – intermediate to advanced Excel required
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!