In Irvine, California 92602
As an Accounting Clerk, you will perform a variety of accounting activities such as Accounts Receivable (billing and collections) and Accounts Payable (postings and payments) as well as clerical support in the Accounting department.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Filing, sorting, coding and processing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and/or Payroll transactions
- Reconciling Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll related balance sheet accounts
- Checking and approving vouchers for payment
- Preparing accounts payable checks, printing accounts payable reports and maintaining accounts payable files
- Recording payments to customers' accounts and maintaining accounts receivable records
- Calling and/or mailing correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts
- High school diploma or G.E.D required
- 3-5 years’ experience working in an accounting department processing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and/or Payroll transactions
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations
- Intermediate competency with Excel – includes creating reports with formulas and some use of higher level functions
- Knowledge of financial software systems
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!