In Burbank, California 91502
Accounting professionals, let Workway help you to grow your career by connecting you with some of the nation’s leading organizations. We are a professional specialty staffing firm, working with top companies across the country to place exceptional candidates. We work with national clients across a variety of market sectors and we have great assignments for Accounting Clerks. You will provide accounting services related to both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!
As an Accounting Clerk, you will perform a variety of accounting activities such as Accounts Receivable (billing and collections) and Accounts Payable (postings and payments) as well as clerical support and other duties as assigned.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Filing, sorting, coding and processing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and/or Payroll transactions
- Reconciling Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll related balance sheet accounts
- Checking and approving vouchers for payment
- Auditing freight bills against freight manifests
- Preparing accounts payable checks, printing accounts payable reports and maintaining accounts payable files
- Recording payments to customers' accounts and maintaining accounts receivable records
- Calling and/or mailing correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts
- Performing additional duties as required
As an Accounting Clerk, you must be a highly organized and detail-oriented professional with solid analytical and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to function effectively as part of a team.
Specific qualifications for the Accounting Clerk position include:
- High school diploma or G.E.D; AA degree, preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience working in an accounting department processing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and/or Payroll transactions
- Understanding of General Ledger concepts, journal entries and account reconciliation
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations
- Knowledge of inventory control principles
- Intermediate competency with Excel – includes creating reports with formulas and some use of higher level functions
- Knowledge of financial software systems
As an Accounting Clerk with Workway, you will be working through an established staffing agency with the networking power of a national organization and the personalized family feel of a smaller firm. You will be assigned a dedicated recruiter who will provide you with assistance in crafting an effective resume, preparing for interviews and searching for jobs outside of our organization.
Employment with Workway, Inc. also comes with some exciting benefits: medical coverage, life insurance (with medical plan enrollment), direct deposit, weekly pay, and paid sick time (CA employees only). Further details regarding these benefits can be provided by your recruiter.
Let Workway help you to build a better career!