In Burbank, California 91502
Accounting professionals, are you looking for an opportunity to work with some of the nation’s foremost financial institutions? Let Workway open the door for you! We are a professional staffing firm, working with organizations across the country to place exceptional candidates. We work with national clients across a variety of market sectors, and we have great assignments for Accountants. You will provide a full range of accounting services, with the goal of maintaining an accounting system that fairly presents the financial position of the company.
Our Accounting and Finance business line includes top companies across a wide range of industries. That means that we can offer an even more richly diverse variety of accounting-related assignments, from staff level positions all the way up to C-level finance executive roles. There has never been a better time to find a great new finance career through Workway! Let one of our recruiters assist you in finding and preparing for interviews with our clients. Whether you are interested in a direct hire, temp-to-hire, or temporary position, Workway can help you to put your best foot forward. Contact us today!
As an Accountant, you will provide general accounting services to support various Accounting Department projects, particularly during the month-end close process. This will involve accurate preparation of financial statements, reports and analyses, as well as more complex statements and reports. Depending upon your experience and the needs of the client, you may also provide leadership and oversight for the Accounting team.
Your specific duties as an Accountant will include:
- Preparing, examining and analyzing accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports such as balance sheets, consolidations, capital expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, P&L statements and partnership reports
- Computing taxes owed and preparing tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements
- Analyzing business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations in order to project future revenues and expenses or provide advice
- Reporting to management regarding company finances
- Developing, maintaining and analyzing budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Completing quarterly financials
- Supervising accounts payable and/or accounts receivable functions ensuring timely processing of invoices/cash receipts
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of accounting policy and procedures manuals
- Ensuring that all accounting activity is recorded in accordance with financial policies and reporting procedures
- Supervising and mentoring Accounting team members as required
As an Accountant, you must be self-motivated and results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency and a solid work ethic. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and time management skills as well as the ability to effectively balance speed and accuracy. It is also important that you have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
Specific qualifications for the Accountant position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or MBA, preferred
- 1 to 2 years of experience in auditing
- 5 to 7 years of experience in accounting; mortgage industry, preferred
- 2 to 3 years of departmental supervisory experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with accounting software (e.g., SAP, GreatPlains, JDEdwards, etc.)
- Strong understanding of advanced accounting principles and general ledgers
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Excel Skills including Pivot Tables and VLOOK Up
- Availability to work extended hours as required
- Public accounting experience, preferred
- Experience with a National accounting firm, a plus
- Reconciliation experience, a plus
As an Accountant with Workway, you will be working through an established staffing agency with the networking power of a national organization and the personalized family feel of a smaller firm. You will be assigned a dedicated recruiter who will provide you with assistance in crafting an effective resume, preparing for interviews, and searching for jobs outside of our organization.
Employment with Workway, Inc. also comes with some exciting benefits: medical coverage, life insurance (with medical plan enrollment), direct deposit, weekly pay, and paid sick time (CA employees only). Further details regarding these benefits can be provided by your recruiter.
Let Workway help you to build a better career!